Getting the most out of your new bat
Congratulations. You just took a big step in improving your game. Your decision to buy a great new bat will definitely pay off. Here are some tips to get the most out of your new bat for many years to come:
- Ideal use is in warmer weather. Softballs become much harder when the weather is colder (under 60 degrees F). This could damage a high performance bat.
- Only use regulation Softballs. Don’t use any softballs that exceed 525 pounds of compression.
- Do not use your bat with Cage balls. These balls are typically harder and could damage your bat. In many cases, this could void your warranty.
- Bats have a longer life when used solely for individual batting. Team use may decrease the life of the bat.
- Composite bats may require a break-in period.
- Rotate the bat after each hit by ¼ turn. This will even the distribution of the hits which the bat will take. This will help to reduce flat spots that could occur.
- For cleaning, use a soft cloth, warm water and any mild dish soap. Avoid using any solvents or products containing ammonia. These could damage the finish of the bat.
- Store your bat in a Bat Bag or Bat Pak so that it remains protected when not in use.
Following these simple tips should help you to get many years of use out of your new bat.